Training wheels have been gone on the wayside and balance bikes are now taking their hot spot. These bikes are excellent tool for children in learning the very first step to ride a bike and that is balancing. The most challenging part in the learning process is getting balance down. This is where balance bikes can be of great help. These particular types of bikes help children conquer the part where they usually get the balance down. They can therefore learn the pedaling skills the moment that they are ready.
Balance bikes are especially designed for kids to help them learn how to ride a bicycle. Instead of getting started with an adult bike version having training wheels, balance bikes the contrary track. These bikes teach children to balance first then pedal later. Toddlers can even start with their balance bikes as early as young as 18 months old.
Common Features of Balance Bikes
Balance bikes are streamlined, simplified and small bikes without pedals, chains or crank sets. When seated on these balance bikes, kids are able to touch the ground comfortably with their own feet. They can make use of their own feet to make themselves steady or stable. They also use their own feet in propelling the bicycle backward. Kids will eventually become confident enough to carry their feet off from the ground and explore the joy of riding a bicycle. Balance bikes come in different styles (as you can see on this balance bike reviews website), materials, and colors and designs however most of them display the following features:
- Cool and comfortable footrest where kids can put their feet while learning how to balance. This eliminates the sticking out situation of the child’s legs that can sometimes happen on other models of balance bikes.
- Balance bikes come in colorful and durable metal frames, inflatable or rubber tires and convenient and quick release seat for easy and hassle free on the go adjustments.
- Some balance bikes come with accessories that parents can add up to their children’s balance bikes to make these look like a real adult bike. These accessories include kick-stands and trailers promoting real-bike feel.
- Balance bikes features easy to use and simple designs with lightweight and durable frames. These are also reasonably priced as compared to other types of bikes with pedals.
- These bikes also contain awesome and eye-catching custom parts including wheels that come in different colors and handlebar grips for personalized balance bikes.
- Balance bikes can accommodate maximum weight capacity.
If you are a parent who wanted to grace your child with the best balance bike (like the Skuut Balance bike), you need to be sensitive and aware of the ideal features. Remember that your choice matters for the comfort, safety and satisfaction of your precious little one lie on the choices you make. When you have successfully chosen the most ideal balance bike, it is only then that you can expect for the utmost benefits. Surveys revealed that children who utilize balance bikes for about 20-30 minutes twice a week display improvement in both dynamic and static balance, bilateral condition and physical self-confidence.