Today we are comparing two different BBCOR baseball bats: Marucci Team and Louisville Exogrid 3. Which one comes out on top? See our reviews below.
Welcome to our Marucci Team BBCOR review, one of the most surprising bats of the 2013 baseball season. At first we were skeptical as we had not used many Marucci bats before, but we grew quite fond of this bat. Coming in many different colors, the Marucci Team is perfect for anyone needing to match up with their team’s colors.
In terms of price, the bat is priced in the middle of the road at about $200 making it perfect for many different people. Marucci is normally known for their wood bats so they have modeled this version to be as similar as possible. Read on below to see our thoughts.
- Modeled after the popular wood bats
The 2013 version of the Marucci Team BBCOR bat has the full 2 5/8 inch sweet spot that you expect from a BBCOR bat. It has also reviewed very well among that have used it. With an advanced alloy barrel, there are many features to provide a hitter with a great amount of pop. Some of the major features we cover in this review include:
- Extended Color choice – Whatever team you play for or whatever color you prefer, you will most likely find it with this bat. The Marucci Team can be styled in plain black, blue, green, orange, and red.
- Better balance – Outside of the customized look to this bat, the other main feature is the balanced swing it provides. A balanced swing with will provide a nice distribution of power helping you to increase your performance substantially.
- Durable – Construction wise, the Marucci Team uses an AZ3000 alloy which has been tested for years on other Marucci bats. Not only is this alloy durable and hard t ocrack/dent, but it also provides a soothing pop when you hit the ball right in the sweetspot. And as you can image, you never get tired of that sound!
Sizes available: 31 in/28 oz, 32 in/29 oz, 33 in/30 oz, and 34 in/31 oz. To see more please see our OutAtThePlate – Youth Catchers Gear resource:
Our View of this BBCOR bat
We have to admit that the Marucci Team surprised us quite a bit. We haven’t used this version before and can certainly see why it has a following among many players. Another thing we really noticed on this bat was that we felt very few vibrations, even on those weirdly hit balls. That feature alone makes us think highly of the 2013 Marucci Team BBCOR bat.
If you are looking for a one of a kind bat then we think our Louisville Exogrid 3 BBCOR review will point you in the right direction. Available for 2013 this bat was a limited edition model which had many features to make a hitter happy.
I don’t think I need to convince you how good a bat made by Louisville is. Started all the way back in 1884, Louisville has been creating bats to help players perform at their highest ability. Their BBCOR line has also picked up steam lately and are becoming a big hit among those using them.
What we like about the Exogrid 3
- Increased power potential
What we like most about this bat is the ability to take the ball deep. From the way it was constructed all the way to the end cap, this bat screams power potential. We also liked the graphics included on the bat for what that is worth! Here are our top features of why we think you will like the 2013 Exogrid 3 BB13EX:
- Innovative handle – Just about everything you can think of has been added to this bat including the handle. Using a grid pattern (and hence the name Exogrid), tiny carbon inserts have been applied that provides even more strength than regular metal often used. These inserts make the bat more durable and stronger.
- New interior – The 2013 version of the Exogrid BB13EX uses Louisville’s Power disc technology. Using carefully pinpointed positioning, two discs are placed at the sweetspot area to provide much more pop than you’d normally expect. These discs also help to achieve a much more fluid swing weight as well.
- Durability – The unique construction and features in this bat not only improve performance but also help to make the bat more durable. Many who have used it have claimed it has lasted them many hits.
Sizes available: 32 in/29 oz, and 33 in/30 oz
Our Final Opinion
If you are looking for a bat that is a little more rare and not often seen then you may be interested in this one. There are many unique features to this bat but we did find that it performed just as well as some of the less expensive models like the Omaha. We thought the grid feature surrounding the handle was a very neat feature and would certainly recommend the Louisville Exogrid 3 to many people.